“That is the thrill of his music – it has been a high-wire act from the start. But it has also been art of the highest order, art which has refused to accept definition or limitation, art of the greatest daring and profundity which at the same time never fails to delight. “There’s not one-millionth of an inch difference,” Sam Phillips said, “Between the way Jerry Lee Lewis thinks about his music and the way Bach or Beethoven felt about theirs.” - From the liner notes of Rock & Roll Time written by Peter Guralnick
One of the greatest rock and rollers of all time, the legendary Jerry Lee Lewis will be releasing his new album Rock & Roll Time on October 28th on Vanguard Records – his first for the label. Rock & Roll Time features a star–studded line up of guests including Keith Richards, Robbie Robertson, Ron Wood, Neil Young, Shelby Lynne, Nils Lofgren, Daniel Lanois and more. The first single & title track premiered on RollingStone.com.
‘Rock & Roll Time’ was originally co-written and recorded by Kris Kristofferson in 1974. Lewis’ rendition features guitarist Doyle Bramhall II and Jon Brion. Recorded at the House of Blues Studio in Memphis, this 11 song collection pulls from the vaults of Chuck Berry (Little Queenie), Bob Dylan (Stepchild), Johnny Cash (Folsom Prison Blues), and Jimmy Reed (Bright Lights, Big City). Full tracklisting below.
On October 28th, Lewis will also be releasing a new biography Jerry Lee Lewis: His Own Story,(Harper) by Pulitzer Prize winning journalist Rick Bragg. Interviewing the American Icon over the course of two summers, Bragg for the first time shares Lewis’s often outrageous story as no one else ever could—straight from the legend’s mouth.
Currently, Jerry Lee Lewis has two upcoming concert dates scheduled: July 5th he will be performing at Harrah’s Resort in Valley Center, CA and on October 30th, at B.B. King’s Blues Club and Grill in New York City. More dates to be announced shortly. For tour updates and information visit www.JerryLeeLewis.com.
Rock & Roll Time Tracklisting:
1. ROCK & ROLL TIME (with Doyle Bramhall II and Jon Brion)
2. LITTLE QUEENIE (with Keith Richards and Ron Wood)
3. STEPCHILD (with Daniel Lanois and Doyle Bramhall II)
4. SICK AND TIRED (with Jon Brion)
5. BRIGHT LIGHTS, BIG CITY (with Neil Young and Ivan Neville)
6. FOLSOM PRISON BLUES (with Robbie Robertson and Nils Lofgren)
7. KEEP ME IN MIND (with Jon Brion)
8. MISSISSIPPI KID (with Derek Trucks and Doyle Bramhall II)
9. BLUES LIKE MIDNIGHT (with Robbie Robertson)
10. HERE COMES THAT RAINBOW AGAIN (with Shelby Lynne)
11. PROMISED LAND (with Doyle Bramhall II)